GUIDELINES FOR CERTIFICATION OF ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION CONTRACTORS WITH NIGERIAN ELECTRICAL MANAGEMENT SERVICES AGENCY (NEMSA).
Nnenna Emeihe, Esq.
Senior Associate, Bezaleel Chambers International
(This certification procedure is exclusive to Electrical Engineers with above 5 years post NYSC experience and must be employed by the contractors (Company).
To successfully obtain the certificate, a candidate must following the following steps;
- Log in to the website nemsa.gov.ng.
- Click on the Electrical installation contractors Certification Portal and fill “Form C” for Corporate Organization.
- Choose location of company and submit online.
- Make payment of 2,000.00 (Two Thousand Naira) processing fee through Remitta.
- Candidate is advised to also print the online submitted form together with the underlisted documents for manual submission in NEMSA Area Office in the State where the Company is located.
- The Company’s Profile
- Photocopy of candidate’s credentials
- Candidate’s Passport Photograph (4 Copies, white background).
- The Candidate will be notified of the scheduled exam/interview date and is expected to attend the interview with his/her original credentials, Company’s Profile and Evidence of employment with the company i.e Employment Letter or Company’s I.D card.
- Successful candidate shall pay the sum of 50,000.00 (Fifty Thousand Naira) as certification fee.
NOTE: i. The issued certificate is renewable after Two (2) years by the same Candidate’s application for renewal.
ii. The certificate is not transferrable and becomes invalid immediately the candidate leaves and/or resigns from the Organization.